As a PHP Engineering Lead at Aspricot, you will be responsible for one of many web and mobile applications that enables our customers to deliver large number of projects a month in a timely and quantitative way. You will work on a small, versatile and passionate team, tackling new problems as we continue to push our technology forward. You will design, test, deploy and maintain solutions that solve customers’ problems at-scale.
What You’ll Do:
- Handling a team of 5-8 PHP Engineers
- Collaborate with Design and FrontEnd teams to build the next generation of web and mobile products
- Develop and maintain complex, high performance web applications
- Define best practices for PHP engineering
- Architect elements of our web technology foundation that can be utilized by other developers
- Participate in code reviews
- Implement scalable solutions utilizing caching, pagination, loading data on demand, and other techniques to manage massive, yet accessible, data sets
- Play an active role in the design, development and deployment of web and mobile applications
- Work in a dynamic team environment with short turn around times, developing and maintaining a high quality code base
- Train and mentor your peers
- BE or M.Tech in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- 3+ years of PHP development experience with a focus on web application development.
- Deep expertise in PHP programming language and tech stack to write maintainable, scalable, unit-tested code.
- Substantial experience in building large complex business applications
- Strong object oriented design skills, knowledge of design patterns, and an uncanny ability to design intuitive module and class-level interfaces
- The ability to channel high-level guidance to direct the building of large and complex business applications and platforms.
- Experience leading multi-engineer projects and mentoring junior engineers
- Experience with full life cycle development in any PHP language on a Linux platform
- Deep understanding of data-driven web application design and development
- Deep understanding of design patterns, optimizations, deployments and tuning servers like apache/mysql
- Experience with TDD
You should be an Aspricot believer
Note: The description and responsibilities listed above represents the most significant duties of this position. It is not intended to be all-inclusive. Duties may be added or deleted at the discretion of management.