You will be responsible for sound technical execution of web projects through hands-on development, quality-assurance, and prototyping. These projects will require close collaboration with our project managers, user interface designers, brand producers, mustache enthusiasts, and engineering teams.
Projects may occur simultaneously, so you must be able to juggle multiple concurrent initiatives. We will also expect you to champion sound front end standards to engineers, designers, and management.
What we are looking for:
- A passion for doing things the right way. A defendable opinion on what comprises the “right way” is a major plus.
- Demonstrate that you’ve built outstanding websites from concept to launch.
- A keen eye for interaction design and finishing touches.
- A sense of humor and/or an ability to convincingly simulate a sense of humor.
- An eagerness to work on a projects that has an unusually passionate user base.
- An abundant desire to achieve perfection, but also a readiness to necessarily compromise.
- A willingness to enjoy delicious, free pizza party.
What your day will look like:
- Brief daily meeting to sync with small cross-functional team (scrum).
- Go off and crank on your project, checking in with other team members throughout the day with questions and updates.
- You leave the code in a better state than when you found it (progressive refactor).
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge.
- Continuous integration and deployment.
- Go home knowing that your work today is meaningfully improving the lives of every Aspricot customer.
- 1-3 years of experience working as a Front End Engineer.
- B.E. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience working with Grid Systems like Twitter Bootstrap and MVC frameworks like Angular.js
- Understanding of user-centered design, progressive enhancement and graceful degradation, accessibility, SEO, responsive design, and website performance.
- Proficiency with Git/Github or other distributed version control systems.
- Proficiency with Chrome Developer Tools.
- Proficiency with the command line.
Optional, but a major plus:
- Proficiency with PHP, Python, Compass, and Angular.js.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors like Sass.
- Understanding of unit and integration testing.
- Experience working with the Facebook Platform and Leaflet.
- Contributions to open source projects.
- Mastery of recognizing Arial versus Helvetica.
Please include a link to your portfolio.
You should be an Aspricot believer
Note: The description and responsibilities listed above represents the most significant duties of this position. It is not intended to be all-inclusive. Duties may be added or deleted at the discretion of management.